Alternating row backgrounds / conditional formatting in OpenOffice.orgPosted: 26 May 2011
Have you put together an OpenOffice.org table in OpenOffice.org Calc, and wanted to display alternating backgrounds for easy reading? Well, there’s an easy way to do it.
The steps are:
- Create a style for every other row and call it “Even rows.” Make its background “Gray 10%,” or whatever other color and attributes you prefer.
- In your spreadsheet, select the range of rows you’d like to format.
- In the Format menu, click “Conditional Formatting…”.
- Choose “Formula is” in the first dropdown.
- For the condition itself, enter the formula
ISEVEN(ROW()). This formula tests if the current row in question is even or not. If it is, the condition is met and your style is applied.
- For Cell Style, select the style you created back in Step 1.
- Click OK. There you go.